Serious issue with iTunes 9.2 and iOS4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by racketeer71, Jun 21, 2010.

1. racketeer71 macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2010
    So, my computer is always up-to-date. I run Software Update manually a few times every week.

iOS 4 is released today. I click the "Check for Update" button, and it says an update is available for my 16GB iPhone 3G. Fine, I click "Download and install".

It takes a while.

Finally, the phone reboots. It shows the "Connect to iTunes" screen with a USB-cable pointing to iTunes.

BUT! Then my iTunes says "Your iTunes is out of date. 9.2 is required". I thought I already had 9.2 (via Software Update a while ago), but goes to check "About iTunes" and it says 9.1.1.

Hmmm, I click "Software Update" and it checks for updates, and says "None available".

Hmmm, I go download iTunes 9.2 from Apple, and installs it. The install completes without errors. After install, it automatically launches iTunes, where I get the same error "Your iTunes is out of date. 9.2 is required".

I check the "About iTunes", and it still shows 9.1.1 as version.

What to do? How can I tell my computer it has 9.2, after it apparantly has been installed?

I'm not using jailbreak. I am using (but has quit before updating).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Currently my phone is useless.

EDIT: Added screenshots showing succesful install, but still old version in iTunes.

Attached Files:

2. racketeer71 thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2010
    Just wanted to add:

If I right-click iTunes in Applications and select "Show Packages Contains" and then open the .plist files, I get the following (see screenshot).

So apparantly it reports 9.2 all over, except in the "About iTunes" box, which apparantly is the most crucial point.

Attached Files: