Serious issue with the iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hammerfix, Feb 3, 2011.

1. hammerfix macrumors newbie

hammerfix

I just purchased an iPhone 4 on a 24 month contract on monday, it all seemed to be working fine up until today.

So I decided to jailbreak my iPhone, the jailbreak worked fine and the phone started up as usual, so I went on Cydia and downloaded a theme, but afterwards it asked to reboot the device, so I did.

But it didn't reboot, it just stayed on the Apple logo screen for a very long time and wouldn't restart.
    So I decided to try and restore my phone, so I put it in recovery mode and plugged it into iTunes, but now, iTunes is saying: "iPhone" could not be restored. An unkown error occurred (1013)"

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh just in case it helps, I'm running it on Windows 7, just updated my iTunes too.

2. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Hope that jailbreaking deal works out for you. :D

Why are people surprised when they hack their stuff and it then ends up failing in some unforseen way? There are plenty of sites devoted to jailbreaking i-stuff, those would be your best bet for help.

Personally, I bought my iPhone so it would just work. It does just fine in its stock form and I see no reason to roll the dice and "hot rod" my phone to get the benefits of a few apps not available through the app store. Then again, I don't change my own oil or work on cars anymore........:rolleyes: