serious iWeb issue, page looks very very wrong

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ero87, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

Hey friends,

I'm in need of some serious iWeb help. I created my improv group's website, www.starlaandsons.com, and it looks okay within iWeb. I save the iWeb file, then publish it to a brand-new folder, which I then upload via Cyberduck.

As you can see by navigating to the website, the page is really screwed up. It's completely strange in Safari, while in Firefox the changes are less severe (images are overlapping, fonts are different.)

Can someone please help me? Any ideas on why this is happening? Should I use a different ftp than cyberduck? If so, which one?

Thanks so much.

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

3. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

Here's what the bottom of the main page should look like (screenshot from iWeb), compared to the screwed-up version I see in Safari.

Attached Files:

4. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

update: i just tried uploading the site again, and it looks fine. I've had this problem before with iWeb, so I'm concerned it might recur, but for now everything's cool.

5. ero87 thread starter macrumors 65816

ero87

ACTUALLY, there are still some mistakes on the Firefox version, see how some text is cut off under the pictures on the "Meet the Sons" page?

Here's the big question: Any idea how to make iWeb pages conistent across browsers?