Serious low stock on 3G S - Rogers Canada

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doju, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Ugh, this is so frustrating.

I've been trying to get an iPhone 3G S from Rogers (Canada) since launch day. All the stores tell me they didn't have any. I ask when they will, they keep saying these dates, and when I go on the date, they say it was delayed, give me a new date, still not there then, new date, etc.

What the hell is the deal here? All I want is a new iPhone 3G S, and all these Rogers people are telling me is that there is this Canada-wide shortage on iPhone 3G S. Come on.

How can I get one? I sold my iPhone 3G the week of WWDC in order to get maximum profit, knowing the 3G S would be out really soon. Being this long without an iPhone (or any cellphone for that matter) is incredibly annoying.

What can I do? Have you guys heard of it?

2. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

The store on Ste. Catherine in Montreal ran out last week, AFTER I got mine :p
    I actually couldn't believe how easy it was up until then.

3. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

I had the exact same problem when I ordered from Rogers by phone. I waited for a week, and they told me the 32GB Black 3GS was still backordered, so I decided to cancel the phone order. That very same day, I called the Yorkdale Apple Store and they had them in stock. I went and spent about one hour activatin and setting up my new iPhone 3GS :) (Call your nearest Apple Store to see if they have them in stock )
    According to Rogers, iPhone shortages will continue until they receive more iPhone from Apple, which is estimated to be around July.31. :rolleyes:

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

If you are close to an Apple Store then I would suggest going there because they have a lot of stock.

5. Doju thread starter macrumors 68000

Unless I drive 17 hours, I don't live near an Apple Store.

Dammit Apple. Put just one store in Eastern Canada instead of fifty in New York. You'll make the whole right half of Canada pleased.

6. cgi101 macrumors member

Yep, it seems Apple stores still have stock... and I found the futureshop in downtown vancouver had stock on launch day and didn't run out for 4 days.