serious MacBook pro lagging!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cshale210, Sep 25, 2008.

1. cshale210 macrumors member

so I am a college student who takes his 2.4ghz 15" macbook pro to his classes. It's been great until yesterday is started lagging like crazy. Everything from the Internet to just opening up my hard drive to opening up any application. It takes a while for the computer to catch up to anything and I have restarted it a few times. I updated all the software and deleted a few things. Nothing has changed. My iPhone is way faster now which is why I am on it now. What should I do? The heat says everything is around 130 degrees and fans are at 2000. Could CPU have jostled since the computer is in my back pack? Hardware or software. Ps I'm no where near an apple store and I know a lot more than IT here. Thanks

2. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Let's run down the line first.

1) restart

2) verify and repair permissions

3) run maintenance

4) pram reset?

5) probably something else I'm forgetting.

If none of that works, it may be a physical problem. Did you drop the notebook by any chance? Slam it on a table a little too hard?

3. cshale210 thread starter macrumors member

Definitely did not slam it or drop it. What is verify and repair permissions? Pram reset? How do you go about doing these things?

4. cshale210 thread starter macrumors member

I just deleted the application frostwire, like limewire, basically one of those file sharing apps, for music, and the lag is gone. that is really weird it wasn't even open

5. megamouse macrumors member

there is a website called "Apple Support", google it and you find all the answers there, and it is free :p

6. kubazzz macrumors newbie

hello, deleting cache using onyx app helped for me.

i did some archive extracting the day and after that it was lagging so much i could not use notebook at all.

regards, kubazzz