Serious Persisting Calender Problem!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by zdecent, Oct 18, 2011.

1. zdecent macrumors newbie

I've had this problem for a while and I've always just worked around it, but it's becoming quite a problem.

I use my iPhone calender to keep on top of my work shifts and meetings, each time I create an event and sync it with my computer it places it on outlook (On my Vista computer) but the start and end times are seven hours later! Then it syncs with my iPad as 7 hours late too; some of them moving over to the next day! It seems that every time I've created an event, the time zone has been set to Cupertino (Which appears to be the default location for some reason), so when I installed iOS5 all my event times were restored now late on my phone too. The only way to view my correct appointments is to turn on Time Zone Support under "Mail, Contacts and Calender" settings, and set my time zone as Cupertino! Which works for now but now my Outlook and iPad are wrong. Is there any way to fix this so all my events show up at London time?

There are far too many events to change their time zone individually! And I've tried the other solutions on the forum, such as setting Time Zone Support to London and restarting the phone but to no avail. I've also checked the phone's time zone is set to the right place. Any ideas?

2. jasvncnt, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

So when you set your location back to the correct time zone..it goes back to Cupertino by itself?

3. zdecent thread starter macrumors newbie

Individual Event Time Zones

No, the time zone for the calender remains at "London"

But when I open up each event in my calender to edit it, under the start and end time, there's a Time Zone field that reads "Cupertino". It's like it thinks my calender time zone is London, but that the event is taking place in Cupertino?

Very odd...