Serious Problem

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ASVP MOB, Dec 16, 2013.

1. ASVP MOB macrumors member

Since the beta 1 of iOS 7.1 was there i wanted to install it , btw i'm not a dev so don't complian please .

So i updated it to the beta but i did not like it so i wanted to downgrade to 7.0.4 and restore from my backup i made .

I put my iPhone 4S into DFU mode then went into itunes and clicked restored , turns out it restored but only to 7.0.4 so empty - all my music photos are gone but i still have the backup i don't understand it ..

Can someone help me figure this out please ?
    Thanks alot

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Download everything through iCloud.

If you didn't set iCloud to backup your phone and don't have any older backups on your iTunes, you're boned.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP it sounds like you made a 7.1 backup and now want to return the phone to 7.0.4 and then restore the 7.1 backup? If so there is a thread here on how to do that. I don't have a link handy or I'd paste it here. :)

Conversely, 7.1 beta 2 is tremendously better than beta 1 so that's another direction you could take. Good luck either way!

4. Apple blogger, Dec 16, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013

Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Well if u have taken a backup of the phone when u were on 7.1 beta 1 then u will be able to restore from that backup once apple makes 7.1 public .. U cannot restore from a backup of higher version of the OS .. So if u have 7.0.4 u can't restore from 7.1.. U'll be able to do that , as I said, once apple makes it public.. If u have a backup of 7.0.4 then u can restore ur phone from that backup.. till then use it as a new phone.. Don't worry all ur info will be accessible once ios 7.1 is public

P.S: if u click some pictures now onwards, upload it to an icloud stream and make it public and save the link on ur computer .. Once u can restore ur backup from 7.1, download the photos from ur stream...

5. ASVP MOB thread starter macrumors member

Help needed

So i basicly just updated to 7.1 beta 1 and clicked restore from backup so now i i got all my stuff back , but as now i want to go back to 7.0.4 so can i click Shift + update and choose the file i want ? Or is there another way ?

Thanks

6. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Nope there's no other way .. And u have to click shift+ restore and not update...

7. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

No way to restore a 7.1 back up on to 7.0.4

8. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Remember only music purchased from iTunes is downloaded after a restore and if you selected "Use iCloud". Also, confirm that "Automatic Downloads" for Music is on.