Serious problems with Mac App Store (when I click buy nothing happens)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jsf8x, Jul 20, 2011.

1. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

This has been a problem from day 1 but I do not use the Mac App store. When I click buy. The loading icon (on the top of the appstore next to the left and right arrows) says its loading for a second or two and thats it. Other than that it won't do anything and since the idiots at Apple have decided that the only way to buy Lion is through the App store I'm in serious trouble.. Any help please?

Thanks in advance

2. kbk75 macrumors regular

Are you sure nothing happens? I had a similar issue with downloading Lion today where I repeatedly hit "Buy App" and the spinning wheel spun for a couple of seconds and then I clicked "Buy App" again thinking nothing had happened when, in fact, it had already started downloading Lion in the background without making that apparent.

I found this out when I closed and restarted App Store and then clicked on Purchased Items where it showed that it was presently downloading Lion!

Hope that helps.

3. Michaelgtrusa Suspended

Michaelgtrusa

I have the same issue, the spinning wheel and nothing happens.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Same experience. Clicked on "buy" and the spinning gear started, but the was no blue bar that i usually get indicating download. Also usually get a time estimate under the blue bar.

Then I noticed the Lion icon on my dock, and under it was a tiny blue bar slowly filling in. It looked like what you get when you download an app on an iPhone.

Anyway - it WAS downloading (24min). After that,everything was as it should be - big picture on screen, and all the usual installation stuff.

5. Michaelgtrusa Suspended

Michaelgtrusa

I have sales tax in my area. That was the issue after a restart.