Serious problems with the jail break.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by designgeek, Jun 22, 2010.

1. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

I JB'd my 2nd gen iPod Touch this morning and all was well until I started installing things from Cydia. Now once it resprings it gets stuck in safe mode. I'm having trouble isolating the issues because the first time I tried and had to restore, I had only installed aptbackup to restore my apps. After I restored it, I tried to rebuild my apps from scratch but as soon as I respring it goes into safe mode and whether I respring or reboot it just stays in safe mode.

I don't think there's any going back for me, so I'll just have to deal with iOS 4 or attempt downgrade to 3.1.2 and JB that instead.

Be careful.

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i think the problems is with installing stuff from cydia rite now because most of the stuff hasn't been compiled for ios4. i have my 2nd gen JBed and it runs fine. it even has the multitasking enabled too. sooo... just try giving it a week or so because otherwise it is gonna keep on crashing.

3. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

Yup, this is the conclusion I came to in the shower. I'm going to wait a few weeks until most of the conflicts are resolved.

4. kysee macrumors newbie

Try to reinstall. :) :)
    I also encounter that problem, i just reinstall.

5. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

That was my first idea. But after the first hard restore after jailbreaking the 4.0 firmware I had to restore again due to the same malfunction. I JB'd this thing three times today and I'm just going to let it sit for a while before installing any Cydia apps.

6. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

Check out this page. It has a list of up-to-date iOS4 compatible Cydia apps.

7. designgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

designgeek

Thank you so much! I checked through here and a few of my packages are not ready yet though enough are so I can change a few settings. I'll still be taking it slow until most everything is ready.