Serious problems with Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MistySteele, Jan 19, 2009.

1. MistySteele macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm *really* going to seem like an idiot here, but I desperately need help with this. I tried to set up a Time Capsule, not really knowing what I was doing >.<, went through the "choose backup disk" and it gave me the airport utillity. I chose the bottom option, to connect using ethernet. After it finished, and the airport restarted, I couldn't connect to the internet anymore, and now the airport utility won't even recognize the fact that it's plugged in. I'm using another wireless network to post this... Usually I'm not this much of an idiot about this type of thing, but I honestly have no idea what I did or how to fix it (my fault for playing around with it I suppose). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

When in doubt reset the TC. there is a pinhole on the back that you can press and hold until the Orange light blinks several times. This will send the TC back to default. Then start over. Did you set the name and password for the TC?

3. MistySteele thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Now why didn't I think of that? The simplest fixes are the best ones :rolleyes: . Thanks for the assist, it's greatly appreciated.

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

No worries, get TC up and running first with internet and such then go into Time Machine and pick the back up disk.