serious question: replace or not to replace?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dewdst, Jul 19, 2010.

1. dewdst macrumors member

Okay, I have the yellow-blob after 3 weeks now in top left corner of my screen (not really noticeable only becomes noticeable when phones hot, but still--annoying enough to warrant a replacement

However--My my battery life is insane--i have 0 reception issues and most times can't even replicate the death grip

I'm afraid a refurb phone could be worse and open up a new can of problems, not sure i want to give up my baby. What would you do?

2. amazingdm macrumors 6502

It'll go away in a few days. Plus, you're holding it wrong

3. dewdst thread starter macrumors member

ive had blob since i got iphone 3 weeks ago :/

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

That's a tough one.. battery life is good on most phones so I wouldn't worry about that. However, no reception issues might be a hard one to give up for an exchange.. is reception in your area good? If so, might be worth a shot to exchange.. its a gamble and you'll have to decide.

My phone has a wobbly power button. I've exchanged before due to dust under the screen and noticed I'm just exchanging one problem for another so I've decided to just keep this phone since everything else is perfect.

5. nednarm macrumors 6502

Please stop with all these "you're holding it wrong" jokes, none of them are funny. I see them far too often and it drives me nuts!

Anyway OP I would book an appointment with a genius, if it's taken 3 weeks and the yellow blob still hasn't gone I don't think it will go anytime soon.
    Even if you do receive a replacement phone which does have issues you can always return that. If I were you I'd want a perfect phone considering how much it costs.