SERIOUS QUESTION: Why are iWork Apps So Slow on my iPhone 6S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Mar 16, 2016.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have the iPhone 6S and it's a great
    Upgrade from my iPhone 4 but both Numbers and Pages apps are judiciously slow.

In Pages I'll type a sentence and the sentence won't appear on the document for at least 30 seconds after my Initial typing. Even opening documents In these apps take at least 15 seconds to open; bear in mind these documents are
    Totally Blank without images or heavy items to load.

What gives? I've tried deleting both apps and reinstalling them from the App Store but here I am still with slow iWork apps.

The only reason this is a huge issue for me is cause my
    Work is heavily
    Reliant on these two applications and currently my
    Only computer is this iPhone 6S.

As you can tell I'm still typing to memorize the keyboard layout here, lol.

Thank you for any help provided! I have notifications turned on for this thread so I'll reply quickly in hopes of distinguishing the problem and finding a solution. Thank you!

By the way I also restored and am running the latest 9.2.1

2. Aditya_S macrumors 6502

Try restoring your iPhone, my 6s doesn't appear to have any slowness when using apps like iMovie or GarageBand, but I don't use Numbers or Pages.

3. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

None of my iWork or iLife apps are slow. And I use them on iPhone 6. I see you're having this issue since the 9.2 (according to this thread here). I'd advice you to book a Genius appointment, it seems like something is wrong with your phone in particular. I'm sure an Apple Store Genius will gladly help you (and should there be a hardware problem, Apple will have the best feasible solution for you irrespective of your phone's warranty). All the best.

4. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank You so much for the reply. I'll do a restore first after backup up my
    Photos to see if that helps and if not I'll take it to the Apple Store in the coming week. Thank you!!!!!

5. iThingsGurl macrumors 6502a

iThingsGurl

Sure. Do let us know what happens. I'm sure it'll work out fine :)