Serious Safari Youtube Problems!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jdsam, Dec 3, 2007.

1. jdsam macrumors member

jdsam

I now have both my 12" powerbook and my 15" mbp now running leopard, but new to me I'm not able to watch youtube videos on my mbp:eek: I really have no idea why not. At first i thought it might be some kind of an add blocking problem, but now I just have no idea. For the most part any adds on a page and youtube videos show up just as a quicktime icon with a question mark in the middle. In safari preferences I have turned off any type of restriction that could apply and in the quicktime system preferences i have set it to play as many types of files as possible.

Sometimes i feel like it is a feature, not having to watch any of the internet video adds, but when i want to watch some youtube video a friend of mine sends me I feel pretty let down.

I want to watch youtube videos again

Thanks for any help in advance,
    J

P.S. I have quite a few 3rd party QT plug-ins installed (perian, divix, the staples)

Attached Files:

2. Blogger macrumors 6502

I had this problem with my first install of Leopard. I ended up reinstalling it (Which fixed the issue). I added plug ins one at a time. Flip for Mac is OK, as is Perian. I'm steering clear of DIVX for the moment, as others have had problems with it.
    The issue first happened when I installed Flash player. The second time I didn't and all is well. Leopard seems to come already equipped for flash playback.

3. NicP macrumors 6502

Have you tried reinstalling the latest version of flash?

4. jdsam thread starter macrumors member

jdsam

When I just downloaded the latest version of flash, but I did that on both of my computers and the 12" works fine.