Serious, serious problem... help, please!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by moreside22, Sep 15, 2010.

1. moreside22 macrumors newbie

Alright I got my mbp a year ago, just the basic one. About 3 months ago it started freezing. A lot. I haven't been able to use Safari on it, just Firefox, iTunes takes foreverr to load up. But ive just been dealing it and finding ways around the freezes. Usually when it freezes i just hold down the power button and restart it and that's been working fine for me, but i do a force shut down almost daily, more than one on a lot of days. Anyways now i opened my computer and the trackpad wasn't moving the mouse or anything so I turned it off. Then it was sitting at the gray screen with the apple logo forever and i was trying to get out of that and i found something on a forum saying i should this mount -uw /
    rm/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

...that look familiar to anyone? I thought it might help my computer turn on, but no luck. Anyways I really need some help right now

2. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

3. moreside22 thread starter macrumors newbie

any idea on what i can do to actually get it to go past the loading screen??

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

given the amount of information, no
    foolproof way to figure it out is to take the HDD out and boot it with another mac, if it boots its the MBP. If it doesn't its either a software related issue or the HDD is failing.

tried booting in verbose, from cd or boot disk select?

5. Modernape macrumors regular