Serious trackpad problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by insanepilot, Aug 18, 2008.

1. insanepilot macrumors newbie

insanepilot

I have a 10month old MacBook. About four months ago, i bought a trackpad cover for it, and so far it has worked like a charm. I just replaced it yesterday, and the real trackpad underneath looked the same as it did four months ago. But I'm having a problem with the pad. Three days ago, it hung up on me, and would not let the mouse travel vertically. The only movements were horizontal. I moved my finger around for a second or two, and everything was fine. It did not mess up for the rest of the day. Two days ago, it did it again. Same result: it seemed to fix itself. Yesterday, however, it did the same thing over and over again, fixing itself on regular intrevals. I can almost set my watch to when it's going to hang up now. I've noticed, that when it hangs up, it acts like I have two fingers on it; for instance, when I tap, I get a right click. When I move my finger up or down, instead of the mouse moving, the web page or whatever I'm in scrolls down. It does this for normally about seven or eight seconds, then everything is fine! I've disabled all of the options on the trackpad too. I disabled the accidental inputs, dragging, taping, and scrolling. Now the mouse only moves. But still it does this, except for now, with all the options disabled, it does not right click or scroll.

Any thoughts?

2. home4kids macrumors newbie

off topic

insane pilot I am going completely off topic to ask you specifically a question. I have a daughter at PCC with a macbook and OS X and we followed the directions on eaglesnest site and set up the proxys and all and she keeps getting a box popping up as she starts safari in front of google asking for a password (which is not the computers password or her pcc one) and she cant get past that page. She si gong crazy having to go to the library to access even her pcc email. Do you have any idea what may be the problem? She's working all day and hasn't been able to get up with the ITT guys. Gracias for your help. can respond design@daystarwd.com if that is easier.

3. insanepilot thread starter macrumors newbie

insanepilot

wow. that was a little unexpected. she should type in her email name and password, i thought. at least, that's what i do. does she have any internet blockers like safe eyes or anything? that could possibly mess it up. is she there as a student? i don't get there till the second of sept. the other thing is you could have her try firefox. but i'm not sure. i'd need to actually see it, cause i haven't heard of this before. is she running OX 10.5? oh, if you give me her name, i'll be sure to look her up when i get there if she's still having problems. my email is cgraptor@canopyministries.org. hope that helps!