serious uk iphone network issues, my options?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chris3125, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Chris3125 macrumors member

had my iphone for a few months now and i must admit i've never really had much bother with it, never realy dropped calls and signal has always been great until the last few weeks, i'm now constantly loosing signal, even now im sitting where i would usually have full signal and have one bar. People complain of not been able to call me and i get texts really late.

Just wondering what my options are as regards to a replacement? i bought it from an o2 shop and im assuming that if i take it into o2 they will just fill me with some crap and not replace it. Anyone had any experience with returning iphones to o2? gonna pop down in the morning hopefully and just curious if anyone has any advice as to what to say and where i stand.

cheers

chris

2. spikedfo macrumors regular

poor guy....:(
    i dont have any experience like that but i hope u would get someone to solve ur problem

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

If it just suddenly started doing that I would take it back and get a replacement.

4. Chris3125 thread starter macrumors member

called them this morning, said i can have it sent away, Cant be arsed with that, anyone had any luck just getting a replacement?

5. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

Try going to an apple store, they may just switch it on the spot.

6. Chris3125 thread starter macrumors member

closest one is Manchester :/ and i'm in Newcastle, 3 hour drive :(

7. walldawg84 macrumors member

uk iphone problem

well, i would say before you bite the bullet and travel, ring apple and see where they stand on the issue.

If anything, their customer service should be able to tell you whether this would be something that you can walk into an apple store and get replaced on the spot ... if they say 'yes' then it may be worth it...

8. alFR macrumors 68020

Is it doing it everywhere, or just in one location? I had a similar problem with very poor signal at work when it'd been fine before (and was still fine elsewhere) but it turned out it was a problem with the local O2 mast, after emailing them they fixed it. If it's doing it everywhere you should get it replaced.