Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soamz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2010
Orissa, India
Hello, I found a very weird bug on high sierra and its confirmed as its same behavior in all 3 of my MacBook and iMac.

When I connecting two USB-C hard drives or pen drives or SD Card, then WiFi stops working.

Internet stops working and if I disconnect and reconnect the SSID,it says it cannot connect.

If I disconnect the USB-C drives and reconnect, it immediately gets connected and internet starts working.

If I again connect the drives, then again internet stops working.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Hello, I found a very weird bug on high sierra and its confirmed as its same behavior in all 3 of my MacBook and iMac.

When I connecting two USB-C hard drives or pen drives or SD Card, then WiFi stops working.

Internet stops working and if I disconnect and reconnect the SSID,it says it cannot connect.

If I disconnect the USB-C drives and reconnect, it immediately gets connected and internet starts working.

If I again connect the drives, then again internet stops working.

If it happen on all 3 of your Mac, then obviously it's not the computer's hardware issue.

By considering there is almost no similar report from other users, I will safely assume it's not a widely spread software issue.

So, I will narrow it down to your own accessories's issue. Did you connect them via the same USB-C hub (or same model)? If yes, take this hub to Apple store and test it with their Mac.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
yes, it could be the hub itself; i've seen reports of a usb-c hub that was interfering with wifi (an anker, i think... which i have, and is fine fwiw)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.