Seriously, $4500 for a 17" MBP on eBay?!?!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by YsoSerious, Feb 10, 2011.

1. YsoSerious macrumors 6502

YsoSerious

Who are these clowns? Selling MBP at these prices. The refurb price for an i7 MBP is around $2300.

2. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Sometimes, you have to inflate the price in order to get a reasonable offer from people who always try to negotiate from 50 % off no matter what. It's like when my friend tried to sell an un-used $1500 refrigerator for $750 (just a small dent on the side of it) and people asked if he would sell it for $375.

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

true but alot of the $4200 ones are just buy it now, Not buy it now or best offer.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

So don't buy it! Anyone can ask a ridiculous price for something. The only "clowns" are those silly enough to pay it.

5. filfortugno macrumors regular

someone with money and not many brain cells will probably buy it too and brag about how much it cost.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Honestly I can't legitimately think of how one would have $4500 lying around, AND be smart enough to use a computer who would buy a machine way over retail on ebay.

I mean, unless you just moved like a kilo of coke and you're just feelin' a lil spendy buy still i'd consider drug pushers to be business savvy (though nefarious).

7. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

spoiled kids from extremely rich parents?
    also, there's an article in wikipedia about wierd auctions on ebay, and there was 1 cereal (not a box of cereals, ONE cereal) which was sold for thousands if i remember. and just because it looked like ET :p
    it's one's right to put anything for whatever price he likes. i can put an already chewed gum in ebay for 5k $,who cares?

8. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

A MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM and two 512GB SSD drives could easily be over $4500. You are talking near $2500 - $2800 just for the drives alone.

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I managed to build a custom MacBook Pro 17" i7 maxxed out and it was like 4500 total...not too surprised either though for the reason I mentioned and the fact about people bidding down really hard.