Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nusynergy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Kent - UK
:( Have a Guess why im not very Happy

photo.jpg

nusynergy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
Kent - UK
Falling down stairs and letting go of it. if flew about 20ft and bang! and that was with a case on :(:(:eek:

And before anyone comments...the picture was taken with my Partners iPhone... which i have now nicked:p

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Yeah, soft cases (and certain hard cases) don't stand much of a chance of protecting against a 20-ft flight.

Reminds me of a Best Buy rep I saw today. She was using her iPhone with a cracked screen. Still worked, but looked pretty much like yours.

barkmonster

macrumors 68020
Dec 3, 2001
Lancashire
I've dropped my nokia 6800 so many times, it's a wonder it even works and there's not a scratch or 1 malfunction in nearly 4 years. It seems the iPhone should be more rugged. I hope it's under warranty.

alchemistmuffin

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2007
If it was in the case, and still that happened, I think you might be able to actually get a new iPhone/iPod touch at the Apple Store for free (as long as you are still under AppleCare warranty)

My friend had a similar issue, it was still in the case when it cracked, and his phone was replaced for free, no question asked, but it may vary from Genius to Genius. He was lucky that the Genius was very kind, and had his iPhone 3G replaced with no extra charge, even though the damage was his own fault.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.