seriously considering a iMac 27inch

Discussion in 'iMac' started by markosb, Sep 12, 2010.

1. markosb macrumors 6502

markosb

I am in the process of saving money to purchase the above. I have been a Windows user since Windows 3.0. My reasons for changing are simple, I want a simplistic setup (I'm sick of the cords), I like the way Mac OS installs software, Windows (although its a little better now) likes to place files everywhere and lastly, For the first time in quite some time, I don't think Microsoft will change, unless they get rid of Ballmer and put someone with a vision into the CEO spot.

3 years ago I bought the iPod touch, mostly to replace a Windows Mobile Device. This past year I visited an Apple store to buy an iPad and played with the previous version of the iMac. Being a photographer, I was impressed with the display, I thought this might be nice (except the glossy part)

I am familiar with OS X as I had it installed for a short time on my PC, I liked it for the short time I had it installed, it was frustrating going back to Windows. I am sure Apple has this all planed out, they knew that people using the iPhone, iPod and iPad would eventually buy Macs... although the iPad was a reason I decided to change, OS X was the main reason, its more complete and doesn't come in 50 versions.

By the time I get the money, they will probably have new models that cost a little less, and honestly, the 27 inch i5 is more than sufficient, maybe all it needs from the default setup is a little more ram. I am spoiled with 8 gigs now.

2. RichardI macrumors 6502a

RichardI

I used DOS before Windows - the only good version of Windows was 3.11. Go for it - you will not regret it. I am on my second iMac now and I erased Windows from my hard drive finally about a year ago. But, you can run both on your new iMac if you want to :D.

Rich :cool:

3. markosb thread starter macrumors 6502

markosb

I used DOS as well, from about 3.0...

Thanks for the encouragement, I can't wait to have the money, my display right now is 21 inches, the 27 might be pretty awesome.

Do they make TV adapters for OS X?

4. APtalent macrumors regular

If you mean using your iMac as a TV, then yes.

5. foodle macrumors 6502

6. WestcoastAkita macrumors newbie

I've been a Mac user for many many years, just purchased my new iMac 27" with 2 TB i7. I just love this thing, I think my wife is becoming jealous!
    I placed the order on Apple's store (Canada) on Aug 16th and it showed up on the 23rd 4PM exactly one week. This thing is flawless, no noise issues, no screen issues. One word of advise, get the extended Keyboard, so it has a usb cord and takes a usb port but it's a way better keyboard. The Magic mouse is very sweet, again flawless. The guys at Apple must have gone to the same design school as the guys from BMW and Mercedes, great attention to detail and minimalist.
    So knock yourself out and buy the most that you can afford you won't be sorry! By the way I'm using my iMac for Digital Photo with Aperture 3, works
    beautifully.