Seriously FedEx

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VandyChem2009, Oct 26, 2011.

1. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

I will preface this post by admitting I'm just really annoyed with FedEx so maybe they aren't as bad a company as I am going to make them sound. Also I'm sure there are a ton of threads with people complaining about FedEx but I need to get this off my chest so I will make a new one.

Ok so I ordered an iPhone 4S. Stayed home today because the FedEx website said it was out for delivery and was guaranteed before 11:30 am. I will admit from 7:30 am until 12:30 I was sitting right outside my front door like an idiot waiting for this package like a puppy. Well 11:30 rolls around and nothing. So I grab my iPhone 4 go to the FedEx page and check my status. And at this point I almost passed out, the package is reported as delivered and left at the front door. I reread this about a million times because I have been 2 feet from the door for over four hours and no one has come by. So at this point I'm both freaking out and a little upset about the whole thing. After writing this I feel much better so it has served its purpose. Now I ask anyone else have any crappy FedEx experiences.

Oh and I called them up and they are tracking down the driver and what not.

2. macse30 macrumors regular

macse30

Bummer. Glad you feel better. It will be resolved.

3. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

they did this to me last year with a clutch kit for my car. said it was delivered and it very obviously wasn't, i asked all my neighbors just to make sure they didn't get it. Then of course i called FedEx and they had it to me next day. really a painless solution.

4. Los macrumors regular

OP, I was in the same situation before with FedEx in the past. I can't remember what the package was but it was definitely important. Looked at the delivery status and it said delivered out of nowhere. I freaked, didn't know what to do and 30-60 mins later the FedEx guy came at my door. I believe he either made a mistake and corrected it or scanned it ahead of time.

5. VandyChem2009 thread starter macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Thanks alot, that makes me feel alot better about the whole thing. :)

6. outphase macrumors 65816

I had this happen with UPS. I called customer service, and they gave me the exact address where it was delivered. I walked over and took my iPhone 4 from a neighbor's doorstep.

7. Boen macrumors member

As a former FedEx driver... I know I had "delivered" a package in order to meet the committed delivery time... It was due by 10:30 and I was not going to make it, so I "delivered" it electronically on time but package was actually delivered a few minutes late. Although, it was only if I was within a minute or two away.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Ouch, I really hope this isn't true. Maybe just a troll...... :eek:

9. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

I had a Mac mini being delivered by FedEx Home Delivery and the tracking said it had been delivered with signature... but I had been waiting at home and no package had come.

I started walking around the neighbors to look for the package when an unmarked truck drove up to my house, the driver got out, package in hand. It was 30 minutes after the tracking site said it had been delivered.

I never got an explanation.

10. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

my experiences with FedEx have been very good ... I used to ship packages to Manhattan daily from Toronto. It was very rare that something was late.

FedEx is one of the companies that amaze me with the volume they do daily.

They are 1000% better than UPS

11. libertysat macrumors regular

About 3 years ago I ordered a bt mouse from Apple and they always ship signature required

When it did not arrive when it was supposed to I checked tracking and it said it had been delivered and signed for
    Reading further it said it went to 1522 my street
    I am at 1255

I drove 3 blocks to 1522 and asked for my package and got it...

btw they did not have a computer and had no idea what it was when they opened it

12. surferchick2 macrumors member

surferchick2

When did it say delivered? If it's at like 1129, then maybe the driver wanted to scan it by the guaranteed time and it's still on it's way. I didn't know that they delivered the iphone without a signature though. I use fed ex alot, and don't remember any major issues. Hopefully you've recieved it by now.

13. VandyChem2009 thread starter macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

Well much like the ex-FedEx driver and others have stated it looks like the driver just wanted to make sure he met the guaranteed delivery time. At about 2:00 I get a knock and bam there is the box sitting on my door step. FedEx I take everything negative I said about you back, just let a brother know when you are going to scan things for times.

14. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Glad it all worked out for you, but it's still sad that the drivers can/ will scan to fit their scheduled times instead of, you know, actually delivering it when promised.

15. LotusLord macrumors 6502a

LotusLord

The Capital of the Land of Cheese and Beer
    When I ordered my wife's iPhone 4 last year I realized I hadn't changed my mailing address on file with AT&T, so they shipped it to my previous address. Luckily it was only a few miles away and I knew the person who lived there (though he had opened the box).