Seriously impressed with my iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TallGuy1970, Jun 29, 2011.

1. TallGuy1970 macrumors 6502

I was seriously impressed with my iPhone over the past week!

Like many others, I have heard the gripes about the iPhone being a good mobile computing device, but only a so-so phone. I have read the many complaints about the "death-grip" and other numerous antenna issues. However, I spent the last week in rural Wyoming. In the cabin I had rented there was no service for Verizon and AT&T. Once we drove down the hill and towards the closest town (Cody) cell phone service was restored.

There were approximately 15 phones in our group. Some were Verizon phones. Others were AT&T phones. They ranged from smart phones (iPhone, Android, and Blackberry) to dumb phones. I have to say that my iPhone 4 was consistently the first among all the phones to pick up a signal, and many times had a signal when others did not.

:):):)

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

3. steezy1337 macrumors 6502

surely 3 out of 5 is average? i'd give my iphone a solid 4.5/5 when it's running a stable OS, a 3 on iOS5 atm :)

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

The external antenna is said to allow for maintaining a signal at even signal strengths of -120Dbm's...which is impressive!