Seriously, MAC PRO is ill....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Huddsmac, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Huddsmac macrumors newbie

OK here's basics.

Mac Pro 2011
    500gb
    16gb
    10.7.?

Had an issue with mac 3 weeks ago when battery played up, because my mac then required power socket to wrk, then the cable was pulled out by mistake and it shut the comp down, i had corrupt files, had to sort it out with disk warrior. I lost access to my account and had to set up a new account, and access my files through the folders, not good.

Anyway the comp has been betting slower and slower, it's to the point now where even text is delayed when I type, when I click on tabs other bulls**t offers pop up instead, it's deffo got some sort of virus.
    Safari keeps crashing and loads of other annoying things.

I tried to download sophos but the file just gave me a load of chinese style characters, then got avast and that just tried to put more crap on my computer than anything, then it positioned itself somewhere deep in my computer and I can't even find it and get rid of it, god knows what it's doing,, I don't have broadband and using my iPhone tether and worried it's going to suck and send info from the internet.

How do I get rid of that crap?
    What good free software can i get that is not going to try dump more crap on my computer?
    I need a quick fix please.

Hope you can help.
    Thanks.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you haven't fixed the battery issue, your CPU may be throttling.

Chances are you don't have a virus. But if you want a clean install of OSX, just use recovery mode to delete everything and do a clean install.

3. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Replace the battery it will probably fix all your issues.

5. Dsching Suspended

Dsching

When the battery is defective the cpu stops working normaly.

If you get the battery replaced, all your problems will likely disappear.

6. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Portable Mac`s will run even without a battery, however the CPU speed is cut by 50% abnormal shutdown can damage the disk structure, equality it most definitely does not result in random "pop ups"

Q-6