Seriously making the switch?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by LucasG, Nov 24, 2013.

1. LucasG, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013

LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

As a PC gamer I've been my whole life I'm considering selling my gaming PC in order to get an iMac to improve my productivity with OS X on web development and having native terminal for remote linux server management, apart from the fact that I'd like to learn to use Logic Pro X extensively. I guess that alone would be logic point.

How worth it would it be? I'm personally gaming less and less, maybe some random WoW PvP and looking at Heroes of Storm at most. I've always loved OS X too.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It depends on which iMac you get.

If you get the 21.5" with 1GB of GT750M, GDDR5, it'd be sufficient.

In case you suddenly have the urge to play BF4, you could buy a maxed-out 27" with 4GB GTX780M if money isn't a problem.

You still can run Windows on a Mac via Boot Camp.

3. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

I did it back in 09 and haven't looked back since. It's really not that bad of a switch and you will quickly prefer OSX over Windows.

4. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I bought the 21'' Late 2013 iMac, with the upgraded processor and graphics card(NVidia GT 750m 1Gb GDDR5). I would highly recommend it. Runs games great in OSX, but also pro apps :)

5. LucasG thread starter macrumors regular

LucasG

How would I proceed with growing Logic Pro X usage and adding sound cards for serious mixing?

6. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

Best to post this question on the Digital Audio section. Just scroll down a bit.