Seriously need help with Unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kurenaiz, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kurenaiz macrumors member

I posted a thread very long ago and did i a ton of research but still never find the solution.

The problem is that my Unibody MBP fails to sleep with the lid open, even if I set the sleep time to 1 min and leave the machine idle for many many nights.

I have nothing connected to my machine and I make sure that the machine is really idle by closing all the program.

I even try creating new user and safe boot to check if the problem is caused by the third-party apps, but still my machine won't sleep in safe boot or the new user accounts I created.

Already reset the pram/smc and the efi?? thingy. Nothing work.

I used to have the sleep related issue (won't wake up from sleep) when i first got my machine, but it was fixed by the smc/efi update from apple.

However, this not sleeping when idle that's bugging me seems to be caused by the 10.5.6 update.

I would want to redo a clean install of leopard, but I don't know how, and worse, I don't have a drive to back up all my data. So, reinstalling is not a viable solution.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

There are a few things you can do other than a reinstall.

1. Turn on "Restart automatically after a power failure" in System Preferences>Energy Saver>Options. Some have had success with this.

2. Try the 10.5.6 combo updater from Apple.

3. Wait until 10.5.7 and hope the update patches things up. :eek:

3. kurenaiz thread starter macrumors member

Forgot to mention that I already tried the 10.5.6 combo update, but no luck.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

In the preferences there is an option for both AC Adapter and Battery; make sure you set them for each respective one.

5. kurenaiz thread starter macrumors member

Sad to say, it's not such a stupid mistake.

Also, i tried looking at the system log, but nothing showed up after one night of sitting idle.