Seriously Speck?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by scarboy6693, Sep 13, 2010.

1. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

Ok, So I bought a GeoMetric (older Version), obviously it had some flash issues. So I contacted them and they said They're sending me a replacement with the NEW camera cutout. The Package came in today, and I took it out. Guess What? Still has the old cutout...

Brilliant Job Speck!

On a More positive note, they did send me a free pack of shieldviews

2. icecrystal23 macrumors 6502

Same thing happened to me, only the company was Incipio. I sent them a photo of the defective case they sent me and they sent me a new one. This time they got it right :)

Try, try again?

3. in0va3 macrumors member

wow nice! did you request them for the shieldviews?

4. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope, its a bit strange, everytime I contact them, they send me a pack of em. I've got 3 now...

All I wanted was a revised GeoMetric and I haven't gotten it... This Sucks, I love the Case, but I use my Camera Flash a TON.

Also Has anyone else noticed that the Revised Reveal/Etch Doesn't fix the issue either?

5. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

That's nothing. I originally ordered the Fitted from the free case program (had the older cutout)

They sent me another Fitted (ALSO had older cutout)

Then they sent me a GeoMetric (ALSO has the older cutout)

Now, they're sending me a CandyShell case to make up for it. I seriously doubt that they new case will have the newer cutout but hopefully it will. Sick on contracting them about so many times over a simple case :rolleyes:

6. cole01 macrumors 6502

speck still hasn't shipped the revised candyshell after I had talked to customer service over two weeks ago. I'm really disappointed with the quality of specks iPhone 4 cases...first my pixelskin stretched out beyond use and now my candyshell has a major flash flaw and scratches/peels like crazy. lame job speck! i'm usually very satisfied :mad:

I don't abuse my case/phone at all...the hairline scratches began showing up within the first day of use. it looks really tacky and worn now (only 2 months old)

[​IMG]

7. wattsja macrumors regular

2 weeks ... try 2 MONTHS ago for me ..... and i'm still waiting on my revised candyshell.

8. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Mine looks worse than yours. They are sending me a white version now. Scratches won't show up as much I was told.

I'm seriously looking at Switch Easy Reptile in green. The design seems superior than the CandyShell and no scratches will show. Just not totally sold on the Reptile just yet. That look is funky but I like the actual design.

9. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

Holy crap. That looks bad. That's what happened to my Candyshell for my iPhone 3GS after just a couple of days, so I just stay away from Candyshells altogether.

10. scarboy6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got word back from them, they're sending me another GEO and a White Candyshell. Ships Tomorrow

11. cole01 macrumors 6502

my new candyshell just arrived today however I'll be switching back to an incase slider, I'm just not satisfied with the scratchability of this case.

glad they're taking care of you as well!

12. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Oh Speck!!! I ordered a replacement for the Pixelskin HD case with the flash issue, I received a package today containing..............................a revised black Speck Candyshell Case with a pack of screen protectors..................WTF!!???

13. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Yay!

Hooray for Speck. They finally got my case right for a change. Originally got;

1. Fitted (Dark Tartan)
    2. Fitted (B/W Plaid)
    3. GeoMetric

All of them were older stock apparently since they all had the keyhole cutout for the rear camera.

They finally sent me a Candyshell (w/oval cutout) as well as a pack of their screen protectors :D

Although this whole process took about 2 months, I finally got my free case(s) so I can finally give this a rest.

14. mzd macrumors 6502a

if you wait a bit, switcheasy will be releasing their other models for the iPhone 4, which are much better looking and offer similar designs to the reptile. at least i assume so. they have for every other iPhone/iPod touch.