Seriously thinking about returning my watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ozziegn, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've been playing with my SS Milanese watch for a couple hours and it's nice. However, I am very concerned that it could be too fragile for daily use. The SS look is so attractive but I really think that it's not going to stay pretty too long. This is coming from someone that is very OCD with everything I own. But I think I'm going to be too afraid of banging it up.

Anyone else feeling this way about their watch? Or at least the SS version?

2. foxkoneko macrumors 6502

3. joshcls macrumors 6502

joshcls

Or donate it to another forum member

4. Eeko macrumors regular

Where are you located? I'll buy it.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I don't think it's fragile at all. It actually feels more substantial than any other watch I've worn.

6. susan12369 macrumors 6502

7. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

42mm? I want one. Let's make a deal.

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I'm seriously thinking of punching you in the face. :p
    There are many of us our here dying to get our watches and you want to return yours? Oh the humanity!

9. mprofit macrumors regular

mprofit

As far as the screen is concerned, it sounds like (from those scratch test videos) the sapphire is basically scratch-proof, which is good for you. For the actual stainless steel components, you have a couple of considerations to make. First, do you wear another watch anytime? If you do, wear it for a few days and see if/where you bump the metal portion of the watch. Second, and many will think doing this is ridiculous, but you could always purchase a case and screen protector for the watch - I've seen several threads about them, so they can't be difficult to find.

Third, just be really careful with the thing. I'm the same way with electronics; I had and used daily my original iPhone for five years (2007-12), and when I finally upgraded, the thing had no scratches, dents, or marks on either the screen or metal frame, because I was really careful with it. I know a watch is much more exposed and vulnerable than a phone, but the same principles apply.

You've paid a lot for your new toy, so be careful with it, but more importantly, enjoy it! Chances are, if/when you get your first scratch, it will bother you for a few days, then you'll forget about it. And your Watch will still work and look great.

10. ozziegn thread starter macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

Okay I should've chosen my words more clearly. What I meant to say was I am very concerned about putting scratches on the stainless steel finish.

11. jjlannoo Suspended

its gonna scratch

12. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Without a doubt. OP have you ever owned a pre-2008 iPod? It was awful.

13. redman042 macrumors 68020

A jeweler can polish a SS watch. Don't worry about it. Enjoy.

14. KPOM macrumors G5

It will scratch, but you can have them buffed out. Just don't do it all the time (maybe once if you plan to keep the watch for 2-3 years, twice if longer).

15. Still100 macrumors regular

There are some watch cases out there for apple watch if you must.

16. Maddux4163 macrumors member

Would ANYONE on this earth go buy a watch and then put a screen protector on it. Guys. It's a watch. Why? Heck I've owned every iteration of iPhones and never put one on it. Though I can actually understand that. But to screen protect a watch? Never in my life heard of this until this watch came along. It's crystal sapphire. I'm pretty sure my old fossil watch isn't crystal sapphire and I never felt the need to protect it. I just wear it.