All Devices Seriously? THIS option is still in iOS 13?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by Shirasaki, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Since iOS 10, Apple has this thing around for 3 iOS versions now. In iOS 13, I thought they might think it a bit clearer for local music library user. But no.
    9EDACFB0-B309-4DA8-979C-7EE38980C1C0.jpeg
    I can kinda guess “remove downloads” remove cached music on device, while “delete from library” removes local cache and delete the music from iCloud music library. But there seems to be no distinguished difference between those options. Last time I used it one option actually deleted the music stored on device, forcing me to sync again.
    I have tried to grow and tolerate this newly designed music app from iOS 10. But ugh...

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've never seen that message but I have no idea what it's asking. I can only suggest submitting feedback (or even a bug report as "enhancement suggestion") if you haven't already.

3. Day_ macrumors newbie

Day_

Remove downloads removes the songs from your device storage but the album/playlist will still show in your library which you can stream.

Remove from library removes it from your library and will sync across all devices and you will no longer see the album/playlist.

4. MLVC macrumors 6502a

MLVC

This. I don't really see the issue here, thought the difference was rather clear.

5. Shirasaki thread starter macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Yes. I can figure that out. But the context is these two options look super weird for people who Are still syncing music with iTunes (and a lot of them).

6. Ansath macrumors regular

Ansath

Pit still works for them too, as they can delete from device, rather than waiting until they sync with iTunes.

7. smirking macrumors 68020

smirking

The option makes more sense for people who only want to keep a portion of their iTunes library stored on a device. I mostly play everything off of my MBP. My iOS devices always just have downloads from the playlists I listen to the most.

8. Shirasaki thread starter macrumors G3

Shirasaki

Users are able to delete songs directly from iPhone/iPad for a long time.

9. Ansath macrumors regular

Ansath

Yes, I know that, you're missing what I mean though. You have the option there, and it's applicable to both types of users. I wasn't saying it's a new thing.

10. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

Also, for 'Remove from Library'...You also lose your $$$ you paid when you originally purchased the content. Which I always thought was crappy...Too bad Apple couldn't implement a system where the $$$ was put back on your iTunes balance or Apple Pay Cash card, without having to contact Apple for a refund or whatever.

11. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

The music would still appear in your Purchased tab in iTunes. Purchased media is not actually lost permanently.

12. saudor macrumors 6502a

this is that playlist glitch where it keeps getting duplicated. it’s super annoying. happens randomly

13. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

Thanks for that! I didn't know as I keep forgetting there is a Purchased section under our Account.

14. TotalMacMove macrumors regular

TotalMacMove

15. melancholy macrumors 6502

melancholy

I didn’t find it difficult to distinguish the two actions...

‘Remove download’ means to remove the download of the selected item. This option only shows up when I have downloaded the content.

And ‘delete from library’ is to remove the item from your library.

Sounds pretty straightforward to me.