Seriously, what's wrong with Flash for Safari!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by e1me5, Mar 23, 2015.

1. e1me5 macrumors member

e1me5

I don't know why, but since last week Flash for Safari seems to be broken.. For an unknown reason it refuses to update to the latest version, no matter from where I download it from. At the beginning it was asking me to quit safari, and even if I did that (and force quitting any related process from activity monitor, and clearing my RAM, and restarting and repairing disk permissions) it was still asking me to quit and try again. Now the installation process just stops and fails at random points (sometime at 46% or 65% or even 81%) I did a search for previous threads with the same subjects and I saw some members suggesting to download the clicktoflash plugin, which can be found at https://extensions.apple.com. This works with all the websites that include flash video (facebook, various blog pages) but deactivates Youtube that was the only webpage that was working normally, since it uses html5.

Does anyone knows how to fix flash? or how to make clicktoflash not to interfere with youtube? Or at least force Facebook to use html5 for videos (the ones uploaded directly to FB, not the shared ones from Youtube or vimeo?

OS X is update to 10.10.2 and safari to 8.0.4 and all the latest safety updates installed as well.. I think is a Flash problem and not OS X's.

Thanks!! :)

2. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

The only way to fix Flash is to kill it with fire :)

But seriously, have you tried restarting your computer (to shut down Safari and everything) and then trying to install the latest version of Flash (from Adobe, here is the link)?

I did that on my work computer on Safari today and it worked fine.