Seriously when will syncing stop grinding iTunes to a halt

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by daneoni, Apr 5, 2010.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Still Apple hasn't fixed this issue. I'd be watching a podcast and decide to dock my iPhone/iPod for charging and all of a sudden iTunes freezes/skips playback for like 5-8 seconds i mean common!

Is it really that hard to do playback and syncing simultaneously on a media player thats 9 generations old given all the computing resources out there?!

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Great job being specific with
    - computer
    - os
    - device

3. josh1231 macrumors regular

I am with you on this. Macs are so good at multiple-tasking that it's pretty unbelievable at how badly iTunes does this while it's syncing.

And so I don't get yelled out by the previous poster, i5 imac27 and MacBook pro, both running the latest snow leopard update, when syncing my iphone 3G, 3GS, iPod nano, and iPad on either of them.

4. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

I'll help.

- Every Mac
    - Every OS
    - Every iPod

;)

If you've got an iPod and haven't noticed stuttering (be it audio stuttering or visual stuttering) when you plug it in, you must have never plugged it in :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Honestly no matter the machine the initial sync and sometimes a sync/backup after a long hiatus results in a slow sync/backup. Apple does need to get a grip on how this works. I've done it on a Rev B MacBook Air, a Mid 2009 MacMini, a 2008 MacPro ... it's always similar.

6. puma1552 macrumors 601

Also what's with the piss-slow syncing on 5th gen nanos once you get up above 12-13 gigs of stuff on the nano?