Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
I ask this, because all of my actual banks charge me all of these fees and more in NY. I'm guessing that services like PayPal and Serve aren't able to act like banks in the mentioned states.

My conclusion would be that they cannot do 'bank' things in those states, without a charter in that state.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
I wonder if Serve will allow me to transfer funds directly to another party using a credit card (rather than bank account, e.g.), and if so, how much will their fee be? I don't like to keep money in a PayPal account, but it's useful for transferring money online, so I usually just use my CC and pay the fee. I'd welcome another service if it was cheaper.

Well, yes, but it is really close. And Discover Card as been ranked number 1 in customer loyalty for 13 years in a row. :D

To the best of my knowledge, my Citi MasterCard offers all of the same benefits as the average Amex, including: 90-day purchase assurance (theft & accidental damage), free one-year extended warranties, 60-day price protection, automatic car rental insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation/interruption coverage, and roadside assistance. ...For NO annual fee and 1% (or 5% in special categories) cash-back on all purchases.

Both my Amex cards do not have annual fees and have those features. You are right though, many cards offer similar or same benefits.

There will never be one card that fits everyone. As for the poster above talking about Discover, probably the worse card I've gotten so far. I mainly got a Discover to have an alternative to my debit card for when places do not accept Amex.

The thing I hate about Discover is that they call me all the damn time. Always trying to sign me up for something. I've told them numerous times that I hate the calls and don't need any assistance with what they're trying to offer.

I'm like my mom though, she has a gazillion cards and pays them all off on time. She just knows which cards give her the best rewards for each purchase she makes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.