server connections interrupted

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Killerbob, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

Guys,

I am very very happy about my new Macbook Pro. It is absolutely the best laptop I ever have owned. I used the migration assistant to transfer my Mac Pro settings and software to it when I just started it up, and have had almost no problems. One that is really bugging me is:

I use a small Applescript to map to my NAS. Every line looks like;

mount volume "afp://;AUTH=No User Authent@10.0.1.200/Data"

This works fine, when the MBP starts up, it sees my WiFi, runs the script and mounts the connections. However, if/when the MBP fall asleep, and I wake it up, after a few seconds I get the following error message;

"server connections interrupted", and then a list of all the mounts.

I can either just close the error message, or I can wait a few minutes, and then all is fine. This works wonderfully on my Mac Air. Exactly the same script, same WiFi, same basic settings. So what gives???

KB

2. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

All,

I never got a solid answer for the above post, and these days I am using a link to the volume in the login items to mount my shares. When mounted they look like this in the info;

afp://NAS_NAME (AFP)._afpovertcp._tcp.local/SHARE_NAME

The mounts are lightning fast, and this works fine on my MBA. However, on my MBP I still have the annoying issue that when it wakes up after sleep, I get the error message "server connections interrupted", and I loose all my mounts.

Any suggestions how to fix this???

KB

3. itisme1760 macrumors 6502

Have you tried adding in the script, a little delay, perhaps a timer? The WiFi connects about 7-10 seconds after your computer comes out of sleep.

4. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am not using a script anymore. I simply have the volumes added in the login items, and when I sign in, the mounts happen.

However, when the laptop has been asleep, and I turn it on, of course the login items are not run again (only if you log out and then in again). If I immediately log out and then back in, after the MBP has been asleep, the mounts work.

KB