Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hemmik

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2011
Amsterdam
Yesterday afternoon, my Apple ID was locked for no apparent reason. I was directed to https://iforgot.apple.com/ to unlock it, but I get this message when I try to unlock my account.

"Server Error

Your request could not be completed at this time."

Several other people have the same issue, they can be found here and here.

It is likely related to iOS 10, in combination with 2 factor verification (not 2 step verification, though).
I enabled 2 factor verification a few hours before it happend. One last thing of note is that I made an app-specific password for Polymail, this might have something to do with it.

Apple support escalated my problem to Apple Engineering, but that can take up to 5 days (or more), and has’t helped other people as of yet.

I was wondering how widespread the problem was, and if anyone has found a solution for this.

imwa

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2010
Cincinnati
Yesterday afternoon, my Apple ID was locked for no apparent reason. I was directed to https://iforgot.apple.com/ to unlock it, but I get this message when I try to unlock my account.

"Server Error

Your request could not be completed at this time."

Several other people have the same issue, they can be found here and here.

It is likely related to iOS 10, in combination with 2 factor verification (not 2 step verification, though).
I enabled 2 factor verification a few hours before it happend. One last thing of note is that I made an app-specific password for Polymail, this might have something to do with it.

Apple support escalated my problem to Apple Engineering, but that can take up to 5 days (or more), and has’t helped other people as of yet.

I was wondering how widespread the problem was, and if anyone has found a solution for this.

I'm having the same issue. I am on iOS 10 beta 2, using two factor authentication and also created an app specific password for polymail, however this was before updating to beta 2.

Please report back what Apple says the problem is and how we should go about fixing it.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.