Server side software for conversion to h.264 and .ogg

Macman1993

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Does anyone know of good server side software to convert common audio types to h.264 and .ogg so they can be played in an html5 audio player? I want to make a simple way for me and others if I decide to open the service to store and play music in the cloud. I'm an experienced web designer and have no concerns with writing all the code to do this I just need something to convert the files and preferably something that is open so I don't have to worry about licensing issues when and if I chose to open te service with ads to others.

Cromulent

macrumors 603
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Does anyone know of good server side software to convert common audio types to h.264 and .ogg so they can be played in an html5 audio player? I want to make a simple way for me and others if I decide to open the service to store and play music in the cloud. I'm an experienced web designer and have no concerns with writing all the code to do this I just need something to convert the files and preferably something that is open so I don't have to worry about licensing issues when and if I chose to open te service with ads to others.
FFMPEG handles all of this.