Server Wiki & ProfileManager files alone using 2GB??

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by CliftonHighgrov, Apr 29, 2016.

1. CliftonHighgrov macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

Server Mavericks.

I've been tried to uncover a sudden drop in storage space, and I've noticed two unexplained data groups in my /Library/Server folders. The /Library/Server/ProfileManager folder uses 952MB of data, and my /Library/Server/Wiki folder uses 757MB.

The odd thing is, I don't use the Wiki server at all. It's disabled and has been since I installed Server. It's a single file that takes up so much space: Database.xpg. Given that I don't use the Wiki server, can this be safely deleted? Is it likely to accrue again for some reason?

I do use the ProfileManager, but not that often, and only for one device. I use it purely to create and upload profiles. In this case, it's /Library/Server/ProfileManager//Data/backup that's taking up space, at 853MB. This seems odd. Again, can this safely be deleted? Is it likely to build up again? I've a suspicion it may be saving device backups, which I don't need because I use iTunes for that, and have backups of those backups off-site.

Thanks.

2. CliftonHighgrov thread starter macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

Apparently the Wiki server issue is down to a bug in a Python script. I found and attempted some fixes from StackExchange.

Still trying to determine the ProfileManager issue. A similar issue was posted on StackExchange here, but has no useful replies yet.

3. slayerizer macrumors 6502a

slayerizer

I would delete it, if you have a Time Machine backup, you're already have a backup of your configuration.

4. CliftonHighgrov thread starter macrumors regular

CliftonHighgrov

Good point. Deleted. Hello an extra 949MB of space…