Servers are down...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ouimetnick, Jun 17, 2009.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

So Apple's servers are down. My brother's iPhone 3G was bricked for 3 hours. I finally got 3.0 to download. The iTunes Store is down. I can't download anything. I can't update any of my Apps to use push. Apple says: they weren't expecting this. Thats what they said last year. Plus now they have sold over 40 million iPhone OS devices. I thought they would know to make sure their servers are all beefed up and good to go. Bad Apple. Oh and does anybody know why iPhones have to re activate them selves after an update or restore? My 1st gen can be updated because it is used as a touch. If I try, it will be a great paper weight.

2. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

Been trying to get for my 1G touch for 2 hours, when are servers back up? no comments on Apple website, which there should be to tell us!! :mad: when they coming back up?

Still unsure if its worth getting update for my 1G touch?

Why does peer to peer not work on 1G when its used with WiFi?

3. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

P2P uses Bluetooth, not Wifi. 1G Touch doesn't have a bluetooth chip, 2G does.

And as for the main thread, I've been trying to download a few updates for apps and I haven't been able to. I wonder when it will get back online.

4. MP4-23 macrumors newbie

5. MrMister111 macrumors 68020

So how can you play people from "across the country" using BT then? it states this on the Apple website.

i thought we 1G would be able to play over WiFi?

Still cant get update, I'm off to bed.....:(