Service and reliabilty for MacBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by DIB1952, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DIB1952 macrumors newbie

I am looking for a new laptop and confess to being drawn towards a new MacBook and Leopard OS. But what experiences have owners had with MacBook reliability and service (Applecare)? You can own the best laptop in the world but the man in the street, without considerable computer knowledge, is reliant on a reliable back up when things go wrong. I live in Norway and have heard mixed reviews about Apple backup and service in my country.What experiences have you had and are my fears/concerns well founded? Convince me that I have nothing to worry.I am looking forward to your responses and hopefully becoming an active owning member of the MacBook community.

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i am a new switcher from a long time pc usage. i bought my macbook right after they made their last upgrades. i love this thing more than any other computer that i have used. it is just so much easier with all the software and security than any pc. i also purchased apple care with mine. i am a student and used the education discount and it was only about 170$ for three years of total coverage. i have had no problems with anything what so ever. so if that doesn't give you enough positive feed back i don't know what you are looking for. so like i said i love this thing and have 0 things go wrong with this!!!!!

3. DIB1952 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the encouraging words :) Hope the Apple care service is as good in Norway as the USA. We are a much smaller country, fewer machine sales and a relatively underdeveloped network!