Service Battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by A Macbook Pro, May 20, 2010.

1. A Macbook Pro macrumors 6502

So I turned on my computer today and checked how much battery I had left only to be greeted with ''Service Battery'' above the approx. time I can use my computer before it goes off. I ofcourse check whats going on and apparently there are 3 levels of a bad battery, Replace Soon, Replace Now, and Service Battery. I've never had any of the first two so this is really weird. Coconut battery is telling me my battery is at 57% health and 158 loadcycles. I have had my MBP for 11 months and it is the Mid 2009 15'' 2.8ghz model. Hope somebody can shed some light on this issue so I know for sure if I really have to go to an Apple store to get it fixed.

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

it's still under apple's 1yr warranty. i would get a genesis person to look at it. they will possibly replace it since the load cycle is so low :D

3. A Macbook Pro thread starter macrumors 6502

On the phone to Apple now, will see what they have to say....

EDIT: Yep, they told me to book an appointment and that my battery needs repairing.

EDIT 2: No appointments available. Looks like I'm going to have to wait it out.

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Take it in, and if there is something wrong with it they'll replace it free of charge. Since its under warrenty.

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

That totally sucks lol. Waiting game = sucky game! :(
    Hope they replace it free of charge. 156 cycle is flipping small compared to the amount of time you've had it x_x lol

6. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

7. Cool Runnings macrumors regular

I have had Service Battery twice on my MPB 4.1

first time 8 month ago ~80 cycles, got a new battery, no charge.

Now for the second time ~20 cycles, and the APR sends me a new battery and i ship my old one back. The tested the machine in store, said i can pick up the new battery the next day. I come back the next day, no battery, so because i don't live near the store, 37.2 miles one way, they send in to my home, no charge... Thats great service...