Service between service centres

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by joemolomo, May 20, 2008.

1. joemolomo macrumors member

Hi I just wanted to see if my view of this situation is wrong or right. About 2 months ago my Firewire port died on my MacBook, so I took it to the nearest apple store about 30-40 miles from my home, the woman at the store said that the logic board would need replacing, great I thought till i was told they didn't post back hardware repairs, so I ask them to recommend the nearest Authorised Apple Service centre, they found one only 4-5 miles from my home brilliant. So I took to the Service centre they replaced the logic board, when I returned home with it I noticed that the casing around the keyboard the main area you rest your hands wasn't assembled correctly it was raised around the edges, the bluetooth was also not available anymore this was unacceptable so I returned to the AASC and they sorted it within a day, only problem was now my optical drive didn't inject disc correctly, it was stiff getting them in. I believe this to be a result of trying correct the casings edges. Been very busy and not having a car I gave up until I had a break at work, until this weekend when I lost the entire computers power it just wouldn't boot any more, and when the charger was in it always sustained a green light and not an orange (battery was flat) So yesterday I decided to take it back to the apple store I started off in. I told them it wasn't booting they said they would fix it, but when I mention the CD injection problem and that another service centre dealt with it, they said that they could look at it and try to realign it(at managements discretion) but if any parts needed to be replaced that wouldn't be covered under the warranty and I would have to pay for the parts even though the part was made inoperable at an Authorised Centre. They said i'd have to take it up with the service centre they advised me to visit, which i'd rather not seen as though they appear to be rather bad as an authorised service centre

I would have thought any hardware damaged during repairs under warranty would be fixed under warranty regardless of the Service centre it was done at.:confused:

So are they right or am I right to be annoyed

Cheers

2. Soulwar macrumors newbie

Soulwar

[FONT=Geneva,Helvetica,Arial][FONT=geneva,helvetica,arial]This warranty does not apply: (a) to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, misapplication, or non-Apple products; (b) to damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not an Apple Authorized Service Provider;

According to their warranty, as long as they were an AASP, you should be covered. You may need to contact a higher power. Could always call Apple and maybe send it in for repairs. (bypass the store) Or find the Apple stores District manager.
    They (usually) like to keep their customers happy. Describe their own terms of warranty to them. Someone should "fold" eventually.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Helvetica,Arial][FONT=geneva,helvetica,arial][/FONT][/FONT]

3. joemolomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks a lot thats just what i wanted to know some "terms and conditions" nice one :)