Service even worse since updating to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by easy-mac, Jun 19, 2009.

1. easy-mac macrumors member

Hello All,
    So a few months ago I took my iPhone 3G in because of various issues including missed and dropped calls and poor service in what should have been good areas. The Genius tested my phone and told me I had a huge number of channel resets which probably meant I had a faulty antenna and replaced my phone with a refurb, which I didn't particularly like, but I figured it would at least have been checked to have a good antenna. Well, it was slightly better, but still had some problems with dropping service. Basically what it does is it will have full bars and then all of a sudden go to no bars for no reason at all.
    Well I updated to 3.0 when it came out on Wednesday and so far it's been even worse! Today for instance I've had about 8 dropped calls and my fiance has tried calling me a couple of times that my phone never rang on my end but did on hers. Now I'm sure AT&T is getting hit pretty hard today with all these new activations, but this is ridiculous! If I take my phone back to the Apple Store they'll just give me another refurb that probably won't work, and to be honest all I really want is a phone that works. I love my iPhone, but sometimes I miss my Blackjack because it never had problems like this. Is anyone else experiencing worse service since updating?

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Wait until the end of the weekend just to make sure it isn't AT&T being overloaded with iPhone activations.