Service Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Hipnomac, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac

I have a first generation iPhone, which was replaced recently, but is out of warranty.

The last two days I've had little to no service, and I have tried restoring and shutting down. Nothing seems to work. I live in a big city, so I know its not ATT because my other friends have iPhones.

Is there a program or App I can download to run diagnostics on it and see what the problem is?

Thanks guys.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If your iPhone was replaced under warranty then the new phone you got should have a warranty too. I would call and ask, because i had this issue and my phone had to be replaced.

3. Hipnomac thread starter macrumors regular

Hipnomac

You only get 45 days for replacement phone and Im passed that. I replaced it on the last day of my warranty.

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

I'd still visit the Apple store and see what if anything they can do. Apple is good like that sometimes. Be nice and respectful, and you will recieve the same. :cool:

5. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Yeah, I've received some "preferential" treatment at the Apple Store by just being very nice. Give it a try. ;)

6. Hipnomac thread starter macrumors regular

Hipnomac

I headed over there, they told me to get a new sim card, totally fixed the problem.

Thanks for your help