Service problems on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kirkhuffy, Nov 10, 2014.

1. kirkhuffy macrumors regular

Hey all, I have a verizon iphone 6 (64gb space grey).

I have been noticing at times I'll send an iMessage and it will immediately fail so I'll hold it to bring up the "try again" and "send as text" prompt, and the try again does absolutely nothing while it will send as a text. -This happens at least once daily but has been happening more often recently.

Next, sometimes when I receive a text it'll appear as a notification (on lock screen if banner) but when I go to the actual message thread, it's not there and takes a minute or two to appear. -This has been starting to happen more often.

Lastly, it seems my phone has been hanging when switching between no service, 3G and LTE areas, which it wasn't doing before (a few weeks ago, and also on every other iphone I have owned). An example of this is when I'm on the subway underground I obviously have no service but when we enter above ground instead of the phone switching over to service as it normally does, it stays stuck on no service and I have to toggle airplane mode on and off.

I've done a hard reset and reset my network settings. If anyone has any idea what could be causing this or has has similar experiences I would love to know.

Thanks!

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

My next step would be to restore as new, do not restore from a backup, and see if the problems persists.

3. kirkhuffy thread starter macrumors regular

I was worried someone would recommend that. Being that don't have a computer currently (which means no iTunes) that makes restoring as new difficult