Service provider's incompatible!

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Venelin, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Venelin macrumors newbie

Venelin

I installed tmobile SIM card for data on iPad bought from AT&T payed cash, no lock no contract . No 4g or LTE service, just E (EVDO) the iPad get hot as a oven and suck the battery below 50% for just 7-8 minutes! I'll apprise any opinions and suggestions? :confused:

2. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

TMO service is spotty. I only get E where I live. There is no problem using a TMO sim in an ATT iPad.

3. Venelin thread starter macrumors newbie

Venelin

What plan do you use? I bought 30$ prepaid plan and I think there is some issue with activation of this service in Puerto Rico?:rolleyes:

4. ugcop macrumors 6502a

ugcop

I travel a lot and have great results with ATT .

Best bet is to find out who has good signal in the locations where you will use it. All carriers have some holes in their coverage. It is just a matter of finding what works for you.. All signal strength and speed being equal you would buy the cheapest but cheap is worthless if the carrier has poor coverage where you need it.

5. mpantone macrumors 6502

This is the correct way to pick a cellular carrier.

I'm astounded that many people don't get this very simple concept and go online to ask "which carrier should I use?"

We don't know.

You have to figure out yourself which carrier works best in the places you frequent the most.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

You're not trying to use a phone plan in an ipad are you? That's unlikely to work out well regardless of carrier.

7. Venelin thread starter macrumors newbie

Venelin

No I don't try to use phone plan. I writhed that I bought a data plan which do not include phone service!