Service question - macbook is falling apart!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by guitargoddsjm, May 27, 2008.

1. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I absolutely love my 2.4 blackbook, but I just discovered that the top piece of the body (the part of the body that's around the keyboard) is coming up at the front left corner (near the screen). It's sort of popping out of where it should be?

This isn't the best picture, but it kind of illustrates the problem. I pulled it up a little more to emphasize it...

[​IMG]

First question, would my applecare cover this? (it's a 2.4, so it was purchased a few months ago)

If so, there's a applestore within an hour of my house; how fast would they be able to fix this and get it back to me?

I don't think it's a huge deal, but you do pay for the aesthetic appeal when you buy a macbook and I'd like to keep my baby in tip top shape haha

2. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

Back in 2006 when BlackBooks were introduced, this happened to me within the first WEEK of use. I figured it as a Rev A thing, apparently not.

Your AppleCare will cover it, how long it takes depends on whether your local Apple Store has the necessary parts in hand - call in advance if you don't want to be without your Mac for days on end. When my second MacBook exhibited the familiar "crack" it took them two weeks to have a shipment of top cases delivered

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yep, take it to your nearest Apple Store and they'll repair it, since it's a cosmetic case issue. Should be able to replace it in store, and if they are without the case, have them give you a call when the part(s) arrive. :(