Service "Timeouts"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aal67, Jan 15, 2010.

1. aal67 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I'm having some problems with service on my Iphone. This only happens at my apartment at college. My service seems to "timeout." The phone will say that I have full signal, yet I can't place/receive calls or text messages. If I restart my phone that fixes the problem however.

Before I went to ATT I wanted to check here to see if it's an apple software problem, or if it's a problem with the service.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It doesn't sound like an AT&T problem. You might try a restore to see if that fixes it, and if not, go to Apple.

3. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

It sounds to me like an internal software issue that is causing the iPhone to display a false error message as if the service were overloaded and timed out. Take it to Apple after a Restore if the problems persists. Out of curiosity, does this happen on select webpages or randomly on any?

DPA

4. aal67 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: I went to restore tonight and started the process of backing up. Apple informed me that I should stop being lazy and update my Iphone OS. Low and behold one of the updates for the new OS was my exact problem. So I went ahead and updated that tonight....

Hopefully that gets it working right, I'll keep you guys posted.

Thanks!

5. NathanA macrumors 6502a

What version were you running before you updated (to 3.1.2, I presume)?

Also, which iPhone model?

-- Nathan

6. aal67 thread starter macrumors newbie

it is a 3g.... I believe it was 3.1.2. Not 100% though