Sesame Street Celebrates 45th Birthday

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

There will be better articles than this to come up this and next week, but this is the first one, so here you go.

BTW: SS is 5 years older than me, so while I know this will make a lot of people feel old, most of us can't remember a time when SS was NOT on. They have some 5000 episodes made and are still going! Anywho, Enjoy.

http://www.nola.com/tv/index.ssf/2014/11/sesame_street_45th_anniversary.html
    http://www.sacbee.com/entertainment/celebrities/article3535830.html#/tabPane=tabs-667eea02-1

I never really appreciated PBS as a kid growing up as much as I do as a parent. But Happy Birthday, Sesame Street, and thanks for giving kids everywhere a place where it's always sunny full of friends we all know, and most importantly, COOKIES!!! :D

BL.

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

A great show, and an excellent example of US public service broadcasting at its very best. Happy birthday Sesame Street.

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I grew up on Sesame Street (and a lot of other great PBS kids' shows). And yep, I watched it well into my teens. :D

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

For those of you too young to have memories of anything before 1969, there was a children's program called Captain Kangagroo, which began running in 1955 on CBS (and later re-run on PBS.) The series, which ran on CBS until 1984, combined comedy skits with nature lessons, story reading, animated segments, and puppet characters.

5. Jessica Lares, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Sesame Street Celebrates 45th Birthday

5,000... Wow. Hope they make it to 50 years. Seems like yesterday they were making a big deal about making it to 40.

Celebrities have always been a big part of SS...

PBS is great. I hope it continues to get funding.