Set As New iPhone Or From Backup?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by irDigital0l, Jan 5, 2012.

1. irDigital0l Guest

So I want to unjailbreak my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1.

First if I want to keep my current setup, apps, settings, etc.. excluding the jailbreak stuff do I backup it up right now in iCloud?

After than I plug connect it with itunes and hit restore? If I wanted to take it to Apple the next day do I hit set as new? And if I set it as new can I still use the previous backup I just did to get all my things back?

I dont want to leave any trace that I jailbroke this phone but I still want to keep my apps, settings, etc.

Sorry for all the questions, but if I backup my iPhone 4 to iCloud with the jailbreak things do they also go into iCloud or not?

Thanks!

2. Selena Gomez macrumors member

Back it up in iTunes then restore it. Next, restore from backup. Nothing obtainable only by jailbreak will be present

3. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

So I can't backup from iCloud?

4. Selena Gomez macrumors member

You can but it's going to be more inconvenient than if your files are already there locally on your system. You can do it that way as well, I would prefer the faster way.

5. irDigital0l thread starter Guest

Ok thanks

Lets say I take it to Apple tomorrow, if I restore it and then back it up they wont know that I jb'd it?

6. Selena Gomez macrumors member

No, and we already knew that's why you were doing this. Cheers