Set limits for workout? Inveral mode?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by TheHungarianGuy, Sep 29, 2015.

1. TheHungarianGuy macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I considering an Apple Watch as an all-in-one watch to replace my analog watches and my TomTom Cardio. I’m aware, that watchOS 2 has just been released, but I couldn’t find any running app which accesses the HRM (except runtastic which claims it can but the user comments suggest it’s not working) so these questions are for the native workout app. The three things I haven't been able to find out are:

1. Can I set limits or zones for workouts where I get notified by the AppleWatch?
      Currently on my TomTom I can set a max. 160 bpm or a pace between 4.10 and 4.50 so the watch vibrates if I'm below or over.
    2. Can I set intervals for running?
      Setting the warmup, work and rest phases with different length (distance or time).
    3. Does the battery sustain +20k runs WITH continuous heart rate?
      I often read about articles about running 5k, 10k, half or full marathon with the Apple Watch, without mentioning settings or battery life.
    Thanks for your help.

2. Julien, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015

Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There appears to be a bug holding up the release of most 3ed party native apps.We should start seeing them in mass soon.

With the Workout app:

1) no
    2) no

3) It is time related, so unless you are near walking speed, yes. A 20K is a little less than a ½ marathon. I do often over a 100 minutes of Workout activity several times week and usually get a full days use too.