set metronome click for part of recording

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by jokertown, Mar 2, 2011.

1. jokertown macrumors newbie

Hi,
    This is my first post. I was wondering if anyone knows how to set the metronome in Logic Pro to only click during part of a recording. I would like it to click while recording up to a point and then continue recording but stop clicking. I have played around with the count-in feature and the pre-roll, but have not had much success achieving what I describe above. Thanks,
    -m

note: if there is a more appropriate place to post this thread, please let me know.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

There might be 10 ways to do this but I think Volume Automation might be what you want. You might have to make a real audio track with clicks on it like a very boring wood block solo and use that in place of the clicks. Then after the 20th bar or whatever the wood block track just stops or the volume goes to zero

3. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

easiest way is to bounce the klopgeist click onto its own AUDIO track then cut and mute it when you want it to drop out.

or use a midi click and simply stop looping it at the point you want it to stop.

4. jokertown thread starter macrumors newbie

5. jokertown thread starter macrumors newbie

spoke to soon

how would i go about bouncing the click to it's own audio track?

6. ChrisA macrumors G4

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can. Logic's term for "bounce" is "freeze". But as I and one other said above, you can make a drum track that is just one hit per beat on something that sounds good to you, like a wood block or whatever. Then of course you can end that when ever you like

7. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

to bounce to its own track you can simply turn on the click, cycle your whole song, then either mute everything or solo nothing - so that when you hit play all you hear is your click. Then if you hit bounce (NOT bounce region!) you will bounce just what you are hearing, namely your click.

Then drag that from your audio bin onto a new track and do your edits...