Set the iPhone Free of single carriers petition

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jazz4ivo, Jul 7, 2008.

1. jazz4ivo macrumors newbie

Hi all,

In response to customer backlash on iPhone Rate Plans there has been
    an online petition set up to gather signatures and let Apple know that
    customers are not happy with these rip off arrangements.

Please read and sign here:
    Set The iPhone Free of Single Carrier Monopoly
    http://www.PetitionOnline.com/myiphone/petition.html

2. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

signed.

Also, someone make one to get O2 to brush up their crappy customer service (lack of and inconsistent information) and release PAYG ASAP!!!:mad:

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah... except there are other phones that are tied to a carrier.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Or buy it and unlock.

4. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I'm this close to starting an online petition to stop iPhone petitions... but then I realized that online petitions do absolutely nothing, so I'm not going to bother.

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Please just start one petition that says:

" I AM POOR AND I AM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE"

Than anytime anyone out there does something that disagrees with you financially you can feel comfortable that you have done your best. Not to mention you will all be able to pool your poorness together for one massive petition instead of a thousand piddling ones.

Let me caveat this a bit. I have sympathy for those who have true issues with signal problems. I know all carriers are not equal and all coverage for all carriers is not equal throughout any given country or area. So for those in the US who live in very poor AT&T coverage areas I sympathize with you... Everyone else not at all.

6. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Let's have a petition to end all of these petitions.

7. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

I second that

8. ubersalad macrumors 6502a

9. Spizzo macrumors 6502

The iPhone is a LUXURY item! Luxury items always cost more, hence the word 'Luxury'. If you don't feel like paying for said item, don't. I'd love a Porsche, but to me, it's not worth the 90k. So, I don't have one. :rolleyes:

10. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

Excuse me but not everyone is as poor as you. I have a very well paid job and just got head hunted to work in another country in a few months' time. Im not going to let some network carrier taking my money while Im not even going to use their service by signing a contract.

11. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

You wanna make a difference? Use a pen and paper write an actual letter to congress, your congressman, the govt and phone companies.

Oh what's that? Too lazy? too difficult? Rather just sign a simple online petition? Well then that online petition shows no true heart or validity.

Go get several hundred thousand people to write actual letters if it's a passionate cause worth fighting for.

Signing your email?

too easy.

12. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

ok i will sign it...wait I been with Cingular Now AT&T for 10 years.....Nevermind them....Goodluck!

13. Xavier macrumors 68020

The lack of competition to the iPhone and lack of competition to phone companies in general leave it up to them what to charge, and not change. And we still buy the phone.

14. ijohnw macrumors regular

I think someone needs to start a petition to stop all these petitions on these forums! ugh

15. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Vote with your wallet. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

16. jazz4ivo thread starter macrumors newbie

The price of the phone is not the issue it's the carriers

The point is that many would be happy to pay $600-800 for an unlocked iPhone so long as they can choose their own carrier... people are not happy that Apple should be dictating to them what carrier to use.

Imagine if you bought a car from Ford or Honda and they told you:
    "Sorry sir/madam but you can only drive your car on these pre-selected roads that we've chosen for you!" Does that sound like a good idea to you?!

Apple complains that there are hackers creating unlocking tools for the iPhone but the irony is that by locking the iPhone to a particular carrier they created the demand for such tools. Simple: supply and demand!

So yes vote with your wallets! :apple: